[REMOTE] Senior Product Designer (M/F/D)
RemoteGermany, Berlin, BerlinProduct
Be aware that this position is completely Remote but our working hours are Central European Time (+/- 2h)
About Tomorrow’s Education
Tomorrow’s Education is an Edtech startup based in Berlin founded by serial entrepreneurs, Christian Rebernik and Dr. Thomas Funke. Our vision is to redesign education and educate and empower leaders to tackle the greatest challenges of tomorrow together, today.
We believe that one of the biggest challenges in education is the way of teaching itself. Therefore we are challenging the old teacher-oriented approach of traditional universities by shifting to a student-centric approach.
We want to provide our students with a unique opportunity to gain the relevant skills and mindset and then leverage their impact through a global network of like-minded creators.
At Tomorrow’s Education, we leverage science and technology for effective learning and foster a global community for continuous growth and impact. With us, students learn by applying their knowledge to real-life challenges and interacting with world-class educators, mentors, and partners from all around the world.
As our Senior Product Designer (m/f/d) your goal is to design and collaborate with the engineering and product team on developing our learning platform. We are looking for a designer feeling comfortable working with visual and interaction design and who is willing to step more into the UX process.
PS: We design in Figma, collaborate in Miro, and constantly get feedback from our learners in order to deliver the best experience to them.
- We proved our Product Market Fit. Now we’re redesigning the learning app to address the usability and product shortcomings and we want you to drive this effort;
- Our product has a set of coded components sitting in the storybook, we need your help to develop our design system further;
- We have CMS and Backoffice tools for our content creators. You will develop this toolset further to help creators create engaging content and visualize it in our app.
Gather and evaluate student’s requirements in collaboration with product managers and the education team;
Illustrate design ideas and flows using storyboards, process flows, and sitemaps;
- Develop a visual language and design patterns of the product;
Design, prototype, and deliver final visual designs of our learning platform and CMS;
Work closely with the engineering team to ensure the quality of your design’s implementation;
Work collaboratively with our Product Designer on design patterns and design systems.
A portfolio showcasing your design decisions from business requirements, through wire-flows, finishing on final visuals;
- An experience of contributing to the design system;
- An experience designing at least two web and/or mobile applications with some level of complexity;
- An experience working in a scrum team;
- An appreciation for feedback and willingness to improve;
- Great collaboration skills, we are a remote-first company, so we value overcommunication;
- Great communication skills, we value rationale behind design decisions and backing it up with data;
- A drive to learn and adapt, as a startup our requirements are ever-changing. Being flexible and learning fast is very important for your success;
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
For us it is also important that you have:
Passion for Sustainability, Entrepreneurship & Technology;
High level of Integrity, Curiosity & Growth, along with an inner passion for making an impact;
High-degree of independence, initiative, pro-activity.
- Work wherever you are and whenever you want. Our flexible Work Environment will give you the freedom to work from everywhere and whenever you want. (in alignment with your team);
- Be part of Tomorrow’s Community: Every teammate can study for free at Tomorrow’s Education (excl. partner fees if applicable).
- Travel the world with us: Twice per year, the whole team meets for a 1-week workation at a different place around the globe.
Our recruitment process has 4 steps:
1. Apply with a portfolio showcasing your design decisions from business requirements, through wireflows, finishing on final visuals. We’d love to see craft and your design process here. Stress which part of work you were responsible for.
2. Cultural fit with People Success - first call with our HR and Talent Acquisition Manager, we will get to know each other better and see if we would be a fit in terms of company culture and values.
3. Case study presentation – first call with our designer and head of product, where you can walk us through one of your projects. You don’t need to create anything fancy. Your portfolio or working files (figma/sketch/miro or a napkin) will do the work too. We’d love to talk about specific design decisions, you’re achievements, and challenges here.
4. Whiteboard challenge – for an hour you will collaborate with our designer on a digital (miro) whiteboard. In the end, you will present your challenge to the Head of Engineering and Head of Product. We look here at how it is to collaborate with you but also you can see how it is to work with our designer.
Do you care about education and impact? Grow with us and shape the education space!
At Tomorrow's Education, we believe in the power of you and your own merit much more than we believe in degrees! Sounds weird for an education provider? That's Tomorrow's Education!
We actively promote inclusion, equality, and diversity and pursue the strategic goal of significantly increasing the proportion of women and people from traditionally under-represented groups in the education community. Accordingly, we particularly welcome applications from people in all diversity groups.